Friday, March 2, 2012

Force fields, Conversations with strangers, and Tree Hugger Sandwiches

Force fields, Conversations with strangers, and Tree Hugger Sandwiches

Preface
Today I have been in and out of meetings with friends helping them to become as awesome as they can be. Conversations in fitness, eating, and reliv nutrition. Where moment after moment we tweeked there lifestyles to enjoy what it is they are doing.  Being able to help friends and people is what I love the most in life.  So as morning appointments finished up and lunch rapidly approached I had to find something. In observance of lent, I don't eat meat on friday's so vegetarian is on my list. What better of a place to find such good food than at Founder's Brewery I thought. 
I gave a call and as they answered I greeted them with "Hello Champion of Founders!" 
On the other side the voice went into a great deal of laughter relaying what I announced  through the phone. As he came back to the phone laughing. 
I followed up with "do you have anything vegetarian on your menu?"   
He replied most certainly! See you soon I said. 
What will you be wearing so I can help you when you get here?
I replied a bright electric yellow jacket and red tie.  5 minutes later I arrived! 

As I walked into this large lunch atmosphere of people enjoying micro brewed beer, delicious food, and the people they were with, I was greeted with a menu and the recommendation of The Tree Hugger.  Awesome sign me up! Although I was going to be leaving soon he insisted I sit at bar between his favorite clients which were two gentleman.  Sound great.

Theory of forcefields before a conversation can begin:
When sitting down there are always massive force fields that go up like in star trek they put up deflector shields to protect their star ships. Well in this case we do the same thing when we are around people the only difference is, no one actually wants to have force fields up. We as creatures are social creatures, its our instinct that gives us our awareness of any situation. In the case with strangers, we must be realistic about our environment, the atmosphere, who we are with, what we are doing, and so. In this case I am in the middle of a big brewery between an old man and a young man. That to my knowledge is the hosts favorite customers. Regardless we an either have force fields up or force fields down. 

The Conversations with Strangers the old man and young man:
As I saddled into my seat shoulder to shoulder I said, with a big smile good afternoon gentleman how are we all doing today!?  No response. No response? Don't worry their force fields were up. So as I sat down I turned to the young man and said how was your morning? His reply, Very good thank you. silent pause. I turned to the old man how was your morning? He starts laughing, its been good I have been here. The bar tender came over to get my to go order for the Tree Hugger Sandwich.  Again more silence. I turned to the young man and said , so what have you been up to this fine day. His reply with force fields lowering, I was at hop cat brewery and now here. Fantastic I replied. and as the silence would soon happen the old man said how was your morning? hahaha fantastic conversation begins! I went on to laugh sharing that I had helped my friends this morning in fitness and health and had a blast. I proceeded to share that I was getting lunch and off to my next meeting. The old man smiled proceeded to share with me how he loved playing tennis and how he gets tennis elbow when he plays with his daughter, the young man smiled as he listened. More and more conversation with laughter and as my food arrived it was time for me to go. I wished them an amazing day and off I went eating the most amazing vegetarian sandwich I have ever eaten called the Tree Hugger from Founder's Brewery.  

As I walked in the rain eating, I kept laughing as life is absolutely beautiful when you take time to enjoy what ever it is your doing and the people in it.

Have an amazing day
Marco Riolo

MARCORIOLO.COM
FACEBOOK.COM/MARCORIOLO




No comments:

Post a Comment