Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Learning to sing in front of an audience

This morning while talking with a friend about her recent direction to instructing a yoga class. She shared that "I am super scared, but I know I can do it and with my fellow yogi's encouragement it keeps getting better." I remembered a many moments where I was in her same spot with other ventures in my life remember to laugh and smile. The moment in recent day for me is trying to learn to sing in front of my church on saturdays. I have sang forever by myself, in the shower, in the car, in the streets, and where ever. but in front of people is a whole new building block. Because it requires so much more, synchronizing with the piano player, the room, the notes, i feel like i am going to be over powering the room, and so much. However I am learning that all though powerful I am not over powering but setting the tone by leading. I also know that with anything takes practice and proper instruction, my friends from the civic theater introduced me to a vocal instructor that I begin with in march. Till than I continue to share what I have a with a smile and with as much that I can give as possible.

Remember no matter if you are learning to sing, teaching yoga, or sky diving, its you want to get out of it in the end. So be powerful, have fun, and enjoy yourself

marco riolo


marcoriolo.com
facebook.com/marcoriolo

No comments:

Post a Comment