Monday, January 16, 2012

my monday on MLK day. Nothing short of an adventure



my monday on MLK day. Nothing short of an adventure
Today I wake up to the tune of 6 am with phone calls, business calls, events, and consulting, you name it i got called. I was headed to meet a friend at noon and i get out to my car and the dome light from the night before was left on. Battery dead! Oh sheeeesh! well the show must go on! So i got my boots on and started walking downtown. I thought to myself ill pick up a sandwich along the way at my little deli and i come to realize that its already monday and its Martin Luther King day. Nevertheless I still head into the city, as i am walking my sister has the day off and shares she made soup for lunch. Anyway Im still walking as soon as i crest the street to go into the city. There are flashers and cop cars blocking the streets, in my mind im going oh man what happened. As I get closer, floods of kids go walking into the street for the MLK silent march. the sunshine was out and was absolutely beautiful the air was warm amidst the winter season and i walked with an ocean of students that stretched for a mile down the road. absolutely incredible! Each of the students silent, carrying signs, representing this moment, and so incredible it was to be with them. Click the link to read the speech : I have a dream... I hope your day was amazing!

Marco Riolo

MARCORIOLO.COM
FACEBOOK.COM/MARCORIOLO

No comments:

Post a Comment