Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday begins forty days of fun

Today is Ash Wednesday the start of what I see as forty days of fun.  Being Catholic and raised in the faith we would take part in the great season of Lent.  Each year arriving at a point where I was giving up or abstaining from myself to become better. Maybe it was ice cream, soda, candy, and the list goes on. However a couple years ago I arrived at this point where I thought to myself, there has got to be more to this than just giving up something, after all it was for the Glory of God.

I went to one of my mentors and priests, asking him father, there has got to be something far more important to all of this than just giving up something. I mean all of these little things are great but I need to get more out of this season of Lent. He would go on to share or in my case reaffirm that there is more to it, develop your talents and gifts that God has so blessed you with. Share them with others and rid yourself of the distractions that take your focus off Glorifying your God given talents in his name.  Fair enough I said grabbing my Little Black Book for lent. As it read  Lent is a journey and like any great journey worth doing it may takes days, weeks, or even longer. Need not to expect it to be smooth but filled with challenges along the way.

Seeing Lent this year as a Journey filled with adventures and fun where even if something goes wrong will be apart of the learning process. It will be fun as in fact forty days of fun. Every day I will work toward creating an even more positive atmosphere, improving my level of fitness, improving my food I eat for performance, and finding fun in all activities challenging or not. Each of these moments as I challenge myself will be for the Glory of God.  May this Lent season be inspiring, encouraging and filled with fun.

Look to improve who you are by being who you are.

Forty Days of Fun 
Marco Riolo

No comments:

Post a Comment