Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Learning to ride a bike

I am reminded of a story from a years and years ago when I was teaching my girlfriend at the time to ride a bike. She had never rode a bike and had always wanted too.  One summer evening while at my parents house for dinner and relaxing in the garden, biking riding came into conversation. My mom and sister caught on to the story and soon enough we were pulling the bikes out of the garage bike riding was going to happen.  As we walked down to the road  I recalled when I learned how to ride a bike (fun flash back story) I was with my grandma and mom at my parents house at the time and this same scenario was taking place. I was on the bike and they held on to the back of the seat to help with balancing and confidence that I would not crash. Soon enough as we found balance and we were moving each time being reassured that they were holding on to the seat. Again and again this got more and more exciting till the last time would be the first time I looked back and no one was holding on. I was cruising along and loving it as laughter filled the air. Soon slowed down and was so through the roof excited.  (returning back to present story)  Soon enough we had made it down to the street and on this blue old school bike we took her and helped her balance on the bike, walking and running along the side of the bike. Each time it got more and more exciting till at last we were not hold on any more and began cheering for her. She found her balance just like each of us had. Biking was no longer scary it was this super exciting time that we all enjoyed.

What in your life have you always wanted to do and what will it take for you to do it?

BE MORE AWESOME
MARCO RIOLO

MARCORIOLO.COM
FACEBOOK.COM/MARCORIOLO

No comments:

Post a Comment