Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pay It Forward actually happens! #40daysoffun

Pay It Forward

 Paying it forward happens!
One year ago today I would be driving to a special event for our Reliv Saturday morning Business training that we host each week. However on this particular day I was playing the elusive beat the gas game. I had just returned from a road trip and forgot to fill up, the gas gage was tipping below the red and figuring it was only a five minute drive to wear i was going, I could just get some gas after the event.  Little did I know, my car would actually run out of gas and in the worst spot on the express way.  The worst spot in my opinion is over a bridge on a curve with a sliver size shoulder lane.  At this point I am a mile away from the event and figured I could just go walk there and deal my situation afterwards. As I get out of the car and start walking a brand new sleek SUV pulls up and say hey do you want a ride? There is a guy, a girl, and another big guy in the SUV and i go sure thing. They ask where I am headed and they said sure its on our way to the gun and knife show.  They were so excited to get knew toys as they shared.  As we drove along they shared this was the same thing that happened to them earliest this month and someone had helped them.  They figured to return the favor and when they saw me it worked out.  As they dropped me off and away they went i made it to my event just on time. Soon after the event my parents gave me a ride down to my car to get me back in action and the day was action packed with goodness.

Today I would wake up to help the Ice Brigade set up a whole ice sculpture display at the fifth third ball park for the michigan brewers guild winter beer fest. In route while I was driving I would see a sign that said gun and knife show. which made me think of that very story I just shared above. I had to laugh and be grateful for the kindness that were bestoyed upon me that day.  After everything went amazing and back home I went. I would find myself driving past a truck with three big 55 gallon drums tied down in the back, two guys pushing and a woman in the front driving. Not only that it was up hill and the gas station was 100 feet or so away.  This might seem easy on flat ground or down hill but going up hill is a whole new challenge. I pulled up and yelled out do ya'll need help. Sure they did. I parked my car hoped out and started pushing as we pushed we made it almost to the crest and we stop moving forward... how can it be this heavy I think we were making good progress. The woman looks out do you think we can make it?? I go yes, if you take your foot off the break.  Hahahaa people are funny sometimes. Soon enough another gentleman hops out of the gas station and starts pushing and we all make it up and get the couple situated in a gas pump spot.  Three of us would disperse in different direction back into our normal days lives with a simple have a good day.  Soon enough the day continued and paying it forward will continue.

Paying it forward happens!
You are the one who has to decide whether you are going to make a difference :)
Be sure to have fun!
Marco Riolo

MARCORIOLO.COM
FACEBOOK.COM/MARCORIOLO

No comments:

Post a Comment